Autistic fan of swimmer Michael Phelps inspires many
September 3, 2016
Austin Levingston, a fan of 19-time Olympic gold-winning swimming champion Michael Phelps who has autism has inspired thousands of people with his Facebook post.
In the post, 21-year-old Austin tells Phelps that he dreams of competing in the Olympics and becoming the first person in his family to go to college.
Over 3,000 people have shared Austin's message where he has shared his hopes and dreams.
Austin has also posted pictures of his side-by-side with Phelps to show how similar the two look. Many people have responded saying he should keep pushing forward to meet his goal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Nippon Paint launches SAHYOG programme to empower youth with disabilities
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News