Autistic fan of swimmer Michael Phelps inspires many
September 3, 2016
Austin Levingston, a fan of 19-time Olympic gold-winning swimming champion Michael Phelps who has autism has inspired thousands of people with his Facebook post.
In the post, 21-year-old Austin tells Phelps that he dreams of competing in the Olympics and becoming the first person in his family to go to college.
Over 3,000 people have shared Austin's message where he has shared his hopes and dreams.
Austin has also posted pictures of his side-by-side with Phelps to show how similar the two look. Many people have responded saying he should keep pushing forward to meet his goal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Parasports April 23, 2019 'Playing golf gives me satisfaction, makes me happy' - My Take by Ankush Saha, para golfer
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Blood disorders no grounds to exclude disabled aspirants from studying medicine, argues petition
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News