Tech enables people with disabilities to dance
Choreographer Chris Fonseca became deaf when he was a young boy after an attack of meningitis. Thanks to a SubPac strapped to his back, he is able to dance and teach dancing to the students at his studio in the UK.
The SubPac is widely used in the music industry to help music producers feel the music without damaging their ears. It works by transferring low, bass frequencies directly to the body, providing the physical dimension to sound.
By using the SubPac, Chris is able to give deaf dancers in his classes an opportunity to feel the music so they can learn his choreography without difficulty.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News