World's first head transplant planned on man with disability
Two surgeons, one from China and the other from Italy, are planning to transplant the head of a terminally disabled Russian man onto a body that could allow him to survive.
The Russian is suffering from Werdnig-Hoffmann Disease that is weakening his muscles and motor neurons. He is hoping to leave that body behind with this surgery.
Many are calling the surgery a process of murder and say the surgeons should be arrested.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019