India's Rio Paralympians - Amit Saroha
September 14, 2016
Amit Saroha, a 30-year-old discus thrower, is one of the top medal prospects for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
Amit was a national-level hockey player at the age of 22 when he met with a car accident that left him a quadriplegic.
He did not lose his passion for sports and was inspired by Jonathan Sigworth, an American wheelchair rugby player who toured India to promote para sports.
Amit chose a sports where he could use his upper body strength and has become an inspiration for others.
He received the Arjuna Award in 2013 and has won many medals for India at international events.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News