India's Rio Paralympians - Amit Saroha
September 14, 2016
Amit Saroha, a 30-year-old discus thrower, is one of the top medal prospects for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
Amit was a national-level hockey player at the age of 22 when he met with a car accident that left him a quadriplegic.
He did not lose his passion for sports and was inspired by Jonathan Sigworth, an American wheelchair rugby player who toured India to promote para sports.
Amit chose a sports where he could use his upper body strength and has become an inspiration for others.
He received the Arjuna Award in 2013 and has won many medals for India at international events.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News