India's Rio Paralympians - Amit Saroha
Amit Saroha, a 30-year-old discus thrower, is one of the top medal prospects for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
Amit was a national-level hockey player at the age of 22 when he met with a car accident that left him a quadriplegic.
He did not lose his passion for sports and was inspired by Jonathan Sigworth, an American wheelchair rugby player who toured India to promote para sports.
Amit chose a sports where he could use his upper body strength and has become an inspiration for others.
He received the Arjuna Award in 2013 and has won many medals for India at international events.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News