India's Rio Paralympians - Rinku
September 7, 2016
Rinku is a 17-year-old javelin thrower from India who will be participating in the Rio Paralympics 2016.
Rinku lost his left arm in an accident when he was a young boy.
He was introduced to the sport of javelin throwing by Arjuna Award winner paralympian Amit Saroha.
Rinku is from Haryana and trains at the Sports Authority of India in Sonipat.
He got the top marks at the 2016 Athletics Grand Prix in Switzerland and is a surprise entry given his young age.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News