India's Rio Paralympians - Rinku
September 7, 2016
Rinku is a 17-year-old javelin thrower from India who will be participating in the Rio Paralympics 2016.
Rinku lost his left arm in an accident when he was a young boy.
He was introduced to the sport of javelin throwing by Arjuna Award winner paralympian Amit Saroha.
Rinku is from Haryana and trains at the Sports Authority of India in Sonipat.
He got the top marks at the 2016 Athletics Grand Prix in Switzerland and is a surprise entry given his young age.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 16, 2019 International Autism Conference
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
- Education July 18, 2019 Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
- Events July 18, 2019 Inclusive Art : Shifting From Neurotypical Frameworks
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News