India's Rio Paralympians - Rinku
September 7, 2016
Rinku is a 17-year-old javelin thrower from India who will be participating in the Rio Paralympics 2016.
Rinku lost his left arm in an accident when he was a young boy.
He was introduced to the sport of javelin throwing by Arjuna Award winner paralympian Amit Saroha.
Rinku is from Haryana and trains at the Sports Authority of India in Sonipat.
He got the top marks at the 2016 Athletics Grand Prix in Switzerland and is a surprise entry given his young age.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News