GoSports Foundation lends major support to Indian Paralympians
India's presence at the Paralympics in Rio has been greatly boosted thanks to the support of GoSports Foundation, which is the only Indian non-profit to support top para athletes with their sporting requirements.
The Para Champions Programme was started in 2015 to bring structure, planning and vision to the Indian Paralympic movement.
It has supported 18 elite athletes with disabilities. These include support for training, travel and accommodation for international competitions for the athletes and their escorts, equipment and gear, medical consultation and high performance training.
GoSports says that India has lagged behind as compared to other countries in terms of recognizing the needs and achievements of para athletes, something it is determined to change.
GoSports is working in partnership with IndusInd Bank and Sony Pictures Networks India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News