GoSports Foundation lends major support to Indian Paralympians
September 2, 2016
India's presence at the Paralympics in Rio has been greatly boosted thanks to the support of GoSports Foundation, which is the only Indian non-profit to support top para athletes with their sporting requirements.
The Para Champions Programme was started in 2015 to bring structure, planning and vision to the Indian Paralympic movement.
It has supported 18 elite athletes with disabilities. These include support for training, travel and accommodation for international competitions for the athletes and their escorts, equipment and gear, medical consultation and high performance training.
GoSports says that India has lagged behind as compared to other countries in terms of recognizing the needs and achievements of para athletes, something it is determined to change.
GoSports is working in partnership with IndusInd Bank and Sony Pictures Networks India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 24, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Headlines April 26, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
- Accessibility April 26, 2019 With 3,000 plus polling booths on upper floors, disabled voters in Maharashtra are a worried lot
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Come, raise a toast to ability at the Sunshine Cafe in Mumbai
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News