GoSports Foundation lends major support to Indian Paralympians
September 2, 2016
India's presence at the Paralympics in Rio has been greatly boosted thanks to the support of GoSports Foundation, which is the only Indian non-profit to support top para athletes with their sporting requirements.
The Para Champions Programme was started in 2015 to bring structure, planning and vision to the Indian Paralympic movement.
It has supported 18 elite athletes with disabilities. These include support for training, travel and accommodation for international competitions for the athletes and their escorts, equipment and gear, medical consultation and high performance training.
GoSports says that India has lagged behind as compared to other countries in terms of recognizing the needs and achievements of para athletes, something it is determined to change.
GoSports is working in partnership with IndusInd Bank and Sony Pictures Networks India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News