Deaf critic movie review of Don't Breathe
Don’t Breathe is a 2016 American suspense and thriller film which stars Jane Levy (as Rocky), Dylan Minnette (as Alex), Daniel Zovatto (as Money) and Stephen Lang (as The Blind Man).
The film is directed by Fede Alvarez who has also co-written the story with Rodo Sayagues.
Don’t Breathe revolves around the story of three teenage robber friends who get trapped inside a blind man’s house situated in the deserted area of the town.
The movie introduces Rocky, Alex and Money as careless teenage thieves who make a living by breaking into people’s homes and selling the items they take.
Rocky aims to move to California with her little sister to escape from the exploitation of her neglectful mother and her boyfriend.
Money and Rocky plan to get into an old army man’s house who has $3,00,000 cash in his house. Alex initially disagrees to the plan but eventually gives in to fulfil Rocky’s dream.
The old man who was blind lived with a dog in an abandoned house. One night, the three approach the house and drug the Blind Man’s dog.
The group enter the house with few tricks and search for the money which wakes up the Blind Man who attacks Money and kills him with a gun.
Rocky hides in the closet where she finds the Blind Man’s locker and gets to know the security code to open the locker.
Alex and Rocky open the safe and take the money. Meanwhile, the Blind Man gets to know that there were not one but three attackers who have entered his house.
What happens when the Blind Man comes face-to-face with Alex and Rocky and what is it apart from the cash that the Blind Man is hiding in his deserted house increases the suspense-level of the story.
The interesting part of the movie is the Blind Man’s strong sense of smell and hearing which gives him an edge over the three robbers.
Also the picturisation of Rocky’s fear and emotional pain of losing her friends and the courage and determination to get out of the house irrespective of come what may is appreciable.
The gripping camera-work and the series of twists in the plot keeps the viewers glued to their seats through for one and half hours.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News