Deaf critic movie review of Don't Breathe
September 6, 2016
Don't Breathe is a 2016 American suspense and thriller film which stars Jane Levy (as Rocky), Dylan Minnette (as Alex), Daniel Zovatto (as Money) and Stephen Lang (as The Blind Man).
The film is directed by Fede Alvarez who has also co-written the story with Rodo Sayagues.
Don't Breathe revolves around the story of three teenage robber friends who get trapped inside a blind man's house situated in the deserted area of the town.
The movie introduces Rocky, Alex and Money as careless teenage thieves who make a living by breaking into people's homes and selling the items they take.
Rocky aims to move to California with her little sister to escape from the exploitation of her neglectful mother and her boyfriend.
Money and Rocky plan to get into an old army man's house who has $3,00,000 cash in his house. Alex initially disagrees to the plan but eventually gives in to fulfil Rocky's dream.
The old man who was blind lived with a dog in an abandoned house. One night, the three approach the house and drug the Blind Man's dog.
The group enter the house with few tricks and search for the money which wakes up the Blind Man who attacks Money and kills him with a gun.
Rocky hides in the closet where she finds the Blind Man's locker and gets to know the security code to open the locker.
Alex and Rocky open the safe and take the money. Meanwhile, the Blind Man gets to know that there were not one but three attackers who have entered his house.
What happens when the Blind Man comes face-to-face with Alex and Rocky and what is it apart from the cash that the Blind Man is hiding in his deserted house increases the suspense-level of the story.
The interesting part of the movie is the Blind Man's strong sense of smell and hearing which gives him an edge over the three robbers.
Also the picturisation of Rocky's fear and emotional pain of losing her friends and the courage and determination to get out of the house irrespective of come what may is appreciable.
The gripping camera-work and the series of twists in the plot keeps the viewers glued to their seats through for one and half hours.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
- Headlines July 14, 2019 6 dead, lakhs homeless in Assam floods
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News