A Chennai bike-taxi service run by people with disabilities
September 2, 2016
Maa Ula, a Chennai-based-bike-taxi service is run completely by people with disabilities. It has been founded. The name translates to 'a journey with the differently-abled'.
So far there are five people on the fleet with their own bikes, who operate out of Mylapore, Chennai Central, Parrys, Mint Street Sowcarpet and Beach Station.
The founders say that people are slowly opening up to the idea of riding with the differently abled. They hope to increase the fleet to 20-25 people by next year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News