A Chennai bike-taxi service run by people with disabilities
September 2, 2016
Maa Ula, a Chennai-based-bike-taxi service is run completely by people with disabilities. It has been founded. The name translates to 'a journey with the differently-abled'.
So far there are five people on the fleet with their own bikes, who operate out of Mylapore, Chennai Central, Parrys, Mint Street Sowcarpet and Beach Station.
The founders say that people are slowly opening up to the idea of riding with the differently abled. They hope to increase the fleet to 20-25 people by next year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News