A Chennai bike-taxi service run by people with disabilities
Maa Ula, a Chennai-based-bike-taxi service is run completely by people with disabilities. It has been founded. The name translates to ‘a journey with the differently-abled’.
So far there are five people on the fleet with their own bikes, who operate out of Mylapore, Chennai Central, Parrys, Mint Street Sowcarpet and Beach Station.
The founders say that people are slowly opening up to the idea of riding with the differently abled. They hope to increase the fleet to 20-25 people by next year.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News