Andhra University announces schemes for people with disabilities
September 5, 2016
The Andhra University has announced several programs for students with disabilities.
Mess charges will not be levied on students with disabilities whose parents' income is less than Rs one lakh a year.
The mess charges per student are around Rs. 2,000 per month, and this will be shared by the state government and the university.
AU has got 60 students with disabilities studying in various departments.
The university will also build ramps at all departments, offices and hostels. It is acquiring three battery-operated vehicles to help transport students to various parts of the campus.
Toilets and washrooms, especially for girl students, will also be rebuilt to make them accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News