Andhra University announces schemes for people with disabilities
The Andhra University has announced several programs for students with disabilities.
Mess charges will not be levied on students with disabilities whose parents' income is less than Rs one lakh a year.
The mess charges per student are around Rs. 2,000 per month, and this will be shared by the state government and the university.
AU has got 60 students with disabilities studying in various departments.
The university will also build ramps at all departments, offices and hostels. It is acquiring three battery-operated vehicles to help transport students to various parts of the campus.
Toilets and washrooms, especially for girl students, will also be rebuilt to make them accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News