Andhra University announces schemes for people with disabilities
September 5, 2016
The Andhra University has announced several programs for students with disabilities.
Mess charges will not be levied on students with disabilities whose parents' income is less than Rs one lakh a year.
The mess charges per student are around Rs. 2,000 per month, and this will be shared by the state government and the university.
AU has got 60 students with disabilities studying in various departments.
The university will also build ramps at all departments, offices and hostels. It is acquiring three battery-operated vehicles to help transport students to various parts of the campus.
Toilets and washrooms, especially for girl students, will also be rebuilt to make them accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News