Bhubaneshwar organizes first beauty contest for visually impaired
A beauty contest for visually impaired girls was organized in Bhubaneswar n Odisha. Fifty-six girls participated, some of who were completely blind, while others had partially impaired vision.
Fourteen participants were selected, of which four will visit Mumbai along with 30 other participants from different states of the country for the final all-India contest.
They will be trained for the finals which are in January 2017.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News