Reserve Bank of Australia launched braille currency
The Reserve Bank of Australia has launched special $5 currency notes for the visually impaired.
The notes have a tactile quality which means that the blind can identify the value of the note through touch.
There is a raised bump on each of the long edges of the note next to the top-to-bottom window.
The notes were created after thorough research, trials and testing that took many years.
The note will help people identify the difference between a real banknote and a fake one.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News