India's Rio Paralympians - Karamjyoti Dalal
September 18, 2016
28-year-old Karamjyoti Dalal, a self-made para athlete represented India in women's discus throw competition at the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games.
Karamjyoti, who hails from Haryana has taken up discus throwing only last year and has already won 5 medals in various categories.
A former national level Kabaddi player, Dalal was paralysed waist downwards due to a fall from her terrace.
She was completely bedridden for one year and diagnosed with paraplegia that took her some time to become completely mobile on her wheelchair.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News