India's Rio Paralympians - Karamjyoti Dalal
28-year-old Karamjyoti Dalal, a self-made para athlete represented India in women’s discus throw competition at the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games.
Karamjyoti, who hails from Haryana has taken up discus throwing only last year and has already won 5 medals in various categories.
A former national level Kabaddi player, Dalal was paralysed waist downwards due to a fall from her terrace.
She was completely bedridden for one year and diagnosed with paraplegia that took her some time to become completely mobile on her wheelchair.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019