India's Rio Paralympians - Karamjyoti Dalal
September 18, 2016
28-year-old Karamjyoti Dalal, a self-made para athlete represented India in women's discus throw competition at the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games.
Karamjyoti, who hails from Haryana has taken up discus throwing only last year and has already won 5 medals in various categories.
A former national level Kabaddi player, Dalal was paralysed waist downwards due to a fall from her terrace.
She was completely bedridden for one year and diagnosed with paraplegia that took her some time to become completely mobile on her wheelchair.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News