Indian paralympic gold medalists to receive cash prizes from government
September 9, 2016
The Sports Ministry has announced that para-athletes who win gold medals at the 2016 Rio Games will get the same cash prize from the government as the Olympians.
Out of the 19 Indian para-athletes, if any para-athlete wins gold medal at the Paralympics, the ministry will award them with cash prize of Rs 75 lakh.
Silver and bronze medalists will be awarded Rs 50 lakh and Rs 30 lakh respectively.
The initiative is to acknowledge the efforts of the athletes and encourage people with disabilities to take part in events.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News