Indian paralympic gold medalists to receive cash prizes from government
September 9, 2016
The Sports Ministry has announced that para-athletes who win gold medals at the 2016 Rio Games will get the same cash prize from the government as the Olympians.
Out of the 19 Indian para-athletes, if any para-athlete wins gold medal at the Paralympics, the ministry will award them with cash prize of Rs 75 lakh.
Silver and bronze medalists will be awarded Rs 50 lakh and Rs 30 lakh respectively.
The initiative is to acknowledge the efforts of the athletes and encourage people with disabilities to take part in events.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News