Over 4,400 athletes are participating in the Rio Paralympic Games
Around 4,432 athletes including 1,621 women athletes from 160 countries, are taking part in the Paralympic Games at Rio, Brazil.
A record 1,500 athletes would be tested for doping during the Rio games.
The competitive games will be broadcast to 154 countries and regions.
The Rio organizers have overcome many obstacles like lack of volunteers, poor ticket sales, among others to set up the major international multi-sport event.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019