Over 4,400 athletes are participating in the Rio Paralympic Games
September 9, 2016
Around 4,432 athletes including 1,621 women athletes from 160 countries, are taking part in the Paralympic Games at Rio, Brazil.
A record 1,500 athletes would be tested for doping during the Rio games.
The competitive games will be broadcast to 154 countries and regions.
The Rio organizers have overcome many obstacles like lack of volunteers, poor ticket sales, among others to set up the major international multi-sport event.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News