Over 4,400 athletes are participating in the Rio Paralympic Games
September 9, 2016
Around 4,432 athletes including 1,621 women athletes from 160 countries, are taking part in the Paralympic Games at Rio, Brazil.
A record 1,500 athletes would be tested for doping during the Rio games.
The competitive games will be broadcast to 154 countries and regions.
The Rio organizers have overcome many obstacles like lack of volunteers, poor ticket sales, among others to set up the major international multi-sport event.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News