Bombay High Court says girl with cerebral palsy must be allowed to take medical exam
September 10, 2016
Rajnandinee Mane who dreams of becoming a doctor has a 50% disability due to cerebral palsy. Her dream is on its way to coming true with the Bombay High Court granting her permission to study medicine.
The decision of the court was based on the recommendations of a panel of doctors from Mumbai's JJ Hospital who said that she is fit to study medicine.
The 19-year- old can now get admission to a medical college on the basis of her entrance exam results.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News