Acid attack survivor from India walks the ramp at New York Fashion Week
September 10, 2016
At the New York Fashion Week's Thursday show by Indian designer Archana Kochhar, an Indian acid attack survivor Reshma Quereshi walked the runway with her sister.
Quereshi who suffered severe burns to her face at the age of 17 years in an acid attack, spread an important social message of courage and empowerment to other victims of such attacks in India.
She wanted to show people who judge others based on their appearance that they should look at everyone equally.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News