Acid attack survivor from India walks the ramp at New York Fashion Week
September 10, 2016
At the New York Fashion Week's Thursday show by Indian designer Archana Kochhar, an Indian acid attack survivor Reshma Quereshi walked the runway with her sister.
Quereshi who suffered severe burns to her face at the age of 17 years in an acid attack, spread an important social message of courage and empowerment to other victims of such attacks in India.
She wanted to show people who judge others based on their appearance that they should look at everyone equally.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News