Acid attack survivor from India walks the ramp at New York Fashion Week
At the New York Fashion Week’s Thursday show by Indian designer Archana Kochhar, an Indian acid attack survivor Reshma Quereshi walked the runway with her sister.
Quereshi who suffered severe burns to her face at the age of 17 years in an acid attack, spread an important social message of courage and empowerment to other victims of such attacks in India.
She wanted to show people who judge others based on their appearance that they should look at everyone equally.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019