Weightlifter Farman Basha misses out on medal in Rio Paralympics
September 10, 2016
Farman Basha, the Paralympic weightlifter from India came fourth in the men's 49 kg category at the Rio Games.
Many hopes were raised of a medal when Basha successfully lifted 140 kg in his first attempt.
However, he could not lift 150 kg and 155 kg later.
The gold medal went to Vietnam, silver to Jordan and the bronze medal to Hungary.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 Demand rises for portrayal of autism in Indian movies with sensitization
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Court seeks probe into sexual harassment charges against Chief Justice
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
- Events April 26, 2019 SUMMER CAMP
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News