Weightlifter Farman Basha misses out on medal in Rio Paralympics
Farman Basha, the Paralympic weightlifter from India came fourth in the men’s 49 kg category at the Rio Games.
Many hopes were raised of a medal when Basha successfully lifted 140 kg in his first attempt.
However, he could not lift 150 kg and 155 kg later.
The gold medal went to Vietnam, silver to Jordan and the bronze medal to Hungary.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News