Weightlifter Farman Basha misses out on medal in Rio Paralympics
September 10, 2016
Farman Basha, the Paralympic weightlifter from India came fourth in the men's 49 kg category at the Rio Games.
Many hopes were raised of a medal when Basha successfully lifted 140 kg in his first attempt.
However, he could not lift 150 kg and 155 kg later.
The gold medal went to Vietnam, silver to Jordan and the bronze medal to Hungary.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News