Rio Paralympics: Indian high jumpers win gold, bronze medals
India had a great start in the Paralympics games today with M Thangavelu winning a gold and Varun Singh Bhati a bronze medal in the men's high jump T-42 event.
Thangavelu has also made history by becoming the first Indian high jumper to win a gold at the Paralympics, with a leap of 1.89 metres.
The Sports Ministry has announced that Indian gold medalists in the Paralympic Games will be awarded Rs 75 lakh, silver medalists Rs 50 lakh while Rs 30 lakh will be given to the bronze medalists.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019