Rio Paralympics: Indian high jumpers win gold, bronze medals
September 10, 2016
India had a great start in the Paralympics games today with M Thangavelu winning a gold and Varun Singh Bhati a bronze medal in the men's high jump T-42 event.
Thangavelu has also made history by becoming the first Indian high jumper to win a gold at the Paralympics, with a leap of 1.89 metres.
The Sports Ministry has announced that Indian gold medalists in the Paralympic Games will be awarded Rs 75 lakh, silver medalists Rs 50 lakh while Rs 30 lakh will be given to the bronze medalists.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Court seeks probe into sexual harassment charges against Chief Justice
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 #AutismPower - Sweden's Greta Thunberg nominated for Nobel prize for climate change activism
- Headlines April 26, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Online series Safe Cooking offers lessons specially for visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News