Rio Paralympics: Indian high jumpers win gold, bronze medals
September 10, 2016
India had a great start in the Paralympics games today with M Thangavelu winning a gold and Varun Singh Bhati a bronze medal in the men's high jump T-42 event.
Thangavelu has also made history by becoming the first Indian high jumper to win a gold at the Paralympics, with a leap of 1.89 metres.
The Sports Ministry has announced that Indian gold medalists in the Paralympic Games will be awarded Rs 75 lakh, silver medalists Rs 50 lakh while Rs 30 lakh will be given to the bronze medalists.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News