World’s first robotic operation inside the eye
September 11, 2016
British surgeons have successfully performed an eye operation with the help of a robotic system at a hospital in Oxford, UK.
The new technology helped the surgeons to operate on the patient, who is a priest in a church, to overcome his distorted vision and regain his eyesight.
This is the first time a robotic device has been used to operate inside the human eye and the move will help to develop surgical treatments and retinal gene therapy for curing blindness.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News