World’s first robotic operation inside the eye
September 11, 2016
British surgeons have successfully performed an eye operation with the help of a robotic system at a hospital in Oxford, UK.
The new technology helped the surgeons to operate on the patient, who is a priest in a church, to overcome his distorted vision and regain his eyesight.
This is the first time a robotic device has been used to operate inside the human eye and the move will help to develop surgical treatments and retinal gene therapy for curing blindness.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 26, 2019 Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News