World’s first robotic operation inside the eye
September 11, 2016
British surgeons have successfully performed an eye operation with the help of a robotic system at a hospital in Oxford, UK.
The new technology helped the surgeons to operate on the patient, who is a priest in a church, to overcome his distorted vision and regain his eyesight.
This is the first time a robotic device has been used to operate inside the human eye and the move will help to develop surgical treatments and retinal gene therapy for curing blindness.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Kerala man Noushad wins hearts in flood-hit Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News