World’s first robotic operation inside the eye
British surgeons have successfully performed an eye operation with the help of a robotic system at a hospital in Oxford, UK.
The new technology helped the surgeons to operate on the patient, who is a priest in a church, to overcome his distorted vision and regain his eyesight.
This is the first time a robotic device has been used to operate inside the human eye and the move will help to develop surgical treatments and retinal gene therapy for curing blindness.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019