World’s first bionic Olympics in Switzerland next month
September 17, 2016
A technology-based Olympics is to be held on 8 October in Switzerland. It is being promoted as the Bionic Olympics and participants will use robotic exoskeletons, electronic arms, powered wheelchairs and other technologies.
It will be the first ever Cybathlon event in the world and will show how people with disabilities can be helped in day to day life with technology.
Around 50 teams will take part in the disability sports which will include events like slicing bread, going upstairs and putting out the washing to dry.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News