World’s first bionic Olympics in Switzerland next month
A technology-based Olympics is to be held on 8 October in Switzerland. It is being promoted as the Bionic Olympics and participants will use robotic exoskeletons, electronic arms, powered wheelchairs and other technologies.
It will be the first ever Cybathlon event in the world and will show how people with disabilities can be helped in day to day life with technology.
Around 50 teams will take part in the disability sports which will include events like slicing bread, going upstairs and putting out the washing to dry.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019