World’s first bionic Olympics in Switzerland next month
September 17, 2016
A technology-based Olympics is to be held on 8 October in Switzerland. It is being promoted as the Bionic Olympics and participants will use robotic exoskeletons, electronic arms, powered wheelchairs and other technologies.
It will be the first ever Cybathlon event in the world and will show how people with disabilities can be helped in day to day life with technology.
Around 50 teams will take part in the disability sports which will include events like slicing bread, going upstairs and putting out the washing to dry.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News