Paralympian gold medalist Thangavelu to donate part of prize money
Mariyappan Thangavelu, who won gold in the T-42 High Jump event of Rio Paralympics, has shown that he has a heart of gold.
He needs money for a home and to repay the Rs 3 lakh loan that his mother took to fund his training.
Despite that he has decided to donate Rs 30 lakh from his prize money to his government school.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News