Paralympian gold medalist Thangavelu to donate part of prize money
September 13, 2016
Mariyappan Thangavelu, who won gold in the T-42 High Jump event of Rio Paralympics, has shown that he has a heart of gold.
He needs money for a home and to repay the Rs 3 lakh loan that his mother took to fund his training.
Despite that he has decided to donate Rs 30 lakh from his prize money to his government school.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 25, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 26, 2019 SUMMER CAMP
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Bollywood star Akshay Kumar interviews PM Modi
- Headlines April 26, 2019 BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News