Paralympian gold medalist Thangavelu to donate part of prize money
September 13, 2016
Mariyappan Thangavelu, who won gold in the T-42 High Jump event of Rio Paralympics, has shown that he has a heart of gold.
He needs money for a home and to repay the Rs 3 lakh loan that his mother took to fund his training.
Despite that he has decided to donate Rs 30 lakh from his prize money to his government school.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News