Bengaluru eye hospital to create audio books for blind students
September 14, 2016
The Sankara Eye Hospital in association with Young Indians Bangalore will participate this year in Daan Utsav in order to convert 50,000 curriculum books including religion, career, job training, computer, among others into audio format as audio books.
The initiative is to make the books available and accessible to the blind students.
Started in 2009, Daan Utsav aims to encourage people to do any act of kindness of their choice and is celebrated from 2 to 8 October every year.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News