Paralympian Deepa Malik to get 4 crores from Haryana government
September 14, 2016
The Haryana government has announced a cash reward of Rs four crore for Paralympian Deepa Malik.
Malik has made history by becoming the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics.
She won a silver at the women's shot-put event at the Rio Paralympics.
Deepa is from Haryana and government will award her under the new sports policy of the state.
With Deepa's win, India has won three medals so far in Rio.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Events June 26, 2019 Talk Tools Workshop
- Technology June 27, 2019 #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News