Paralympian Deepa Malik to get 4 crores from Haryana government
The Haryana government has announced a cash reward of Rs four crore for Paralympian Deepa Malik.
Malik has made history by becoming the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics.
She won a silver at the women's shot-put event at the Rio Paralympics.
Deepa is from Haryana and government will award her under the new sports policy of the state.
With Deepa's win, India has won three medals so far in Rio.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019