Paralympian Deepa Malik to get 4 crores from Haryana government
September 14, 2016
The Haryana government has announced a cash reward of Rs four crore for Paralympian Deepa Malik.
Malik has made history by becoming the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics.
She won a silver at the women's shot-put event at the Rio Paralympics.
Deepa is from Haryana and government will award her under the new sports policy of the state.
With Deepa's win, India has won three medals so far in Rio.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Blood disorders no grounds to exclude disabled aspirants from studying medicine, argues petition
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Events April 26, 2019 SUMMER CAMP
- Events April 25, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Bollywood star Akshay Kumar interviews PM Modi
- Accessibility April 26, 2019 With 3,000 plus polling booths on upper floors, disabled voters in Maharashtra are a worried lot
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Online series Safe Cooking offers lessons specially for visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News