Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia wins gold medal at Paralympics
September 14, 2016
36-year-old Devendra Jhajharia has won a gold medal in the men's javelin throw F46 event and bettered his own world record at the Rio Paralympic Games.
Jhajharia improved his previous 62.15 metres record with an attempt of 63.97 metres at the Olympic stadium on Tuesday and currently ranks third in the world.
With Jhajharia's win, India now has two gold, one silver and one bronze in the ongoing edition of the Paralympic Games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
- Parasports April 23, 2019 'Playing golf gives me satisfaction, makes me happy' - My Take by Ankush Saha, para golfer
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Court seeks probe into sexual harassment charges against Chief Justice
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Blood disorders no grounds to exclude disabled aspirants from studying medicine, argues petition
- Parasports April 24, 2019 Kolkata gears up to host three nation wheelchair cricket T-20 series
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News