Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia wins gold medal at Paralympics
September 14, 2016
36-year-old Devendra Jhajharia has won a gold medal in the men's javelin throw F46 event and bettered his own world record at the Rio Paralympic Games.
Jhajharia improved his previous 62.15 metres record with an attempt of 63.97 metres at the Olympic stadium on Tuesday and currently ranks third in the world.
With Jhajharia's win, India now has two gold, one silver and one bronze in the ongoing edition of the Paralympic Games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News