Visually impaired football player scores incredible goal at Paralympics
Move aside Lionel Messi. The footwork of Behzad Zadaliasghari from Iran has got everyone stunned at the Rio Paralympics.
There are two types of soccer played at the Paralympic Games. One is a 7-a-side for players with cerebral palsy and the other is a 5-a-side with all outfield players who are visually impaired and wearing shades so they are completely blind.
A noise-making device is installed in the ball and coaches are allowed to shout verbal instructions to help the players locate the ball.
Behzad managed to weave his way past the entire Morocco team and shoot past the goalkeeper who can see, winning the game for Iran.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News