Visually impaired football player scores incredible goal at Paralympics
September 15, 2016
Move aside Lionel Messi. The footwork of Behzad Zadaliasghari from Iran has got everyone stunned at the Rio Paralympics.
There are two types of soccer played at the Paralympic Games. One is a 7-a-side for players with cerebral palsy and the other is a 5-a-side with all outfield players who are visually impaired and wearing shades so they are completely blind.
A noise-making device is installed in the ball and coaches are allowed to shout verbal instructions to help the players locate the ball.
Behzad managed to weave his way past the entire Morocco team and shoot past the goalkeeper who can see, winning the game for Iran.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News