Visually impaired football player scores incredible goal at Paralympics
September 15, 2016
Move aside Lionel Messi. The footwork of Behzad Zadaliasghari from Iran has got everyone stunned at the Rio Paralympics.
There are two types of soccer played at the Paralympic Games. One is a 7-a-side for players with cerebral palsy and the other is a 5-a-side with all outfield players who are visually impaired and wearing shades so they are completely blind.
A noise-making device is installed in the ball and coaches are allowed to shout verbal instructions to help the players locate the ball.
Behzad managed to weave his way past the entire Morocco team and shoot past the goalkeeper who can see, winning the game for Iran.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 26, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 #GetMoneywise – Financial planning tips for parents with children with disabilities
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 Demand rises for portrayal of autism in Indian movies with sensitization
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Come, raise a toast to ability at the Sunshine Cafe in Mumbai
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News