Visually impaired football player scores incredible goal at Paralympics
September 15, 2016
Move aside Lionel Messi. The footwork of Behzad Zadaliasghari from Iran has got everyone stunned at the Rio Paralympics.
There are two types of soccer played at the Paralympic Games. One is a 7-a-side for players with cerebral palsy and the other is a 5-a-side with all outfield players who are visually impaired and wearing shades so they are completely blind.
A noise-making device is installed in the ball and coaches are allowed to shout verbal instructions to help the players locate the ball.
Behzad managed to weave his way past the entire Morocco team and shoot past the goalkeeper who can see, winning the game for Iran.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News