Paralympics medalist Deepa Malik to encourage people with disabilities to take up sports
September 15, 2016
Deepa Malik, who won a silver medal in the shot put event at the Rio Paralympics, plans to use her achievement to motivate people with disabilities.
She wants to personally assist such people to take up sports.
Arjuna award winner Deepa is a record-breaking swimmer, adventure sports player, biker and businesswoman and has always been a fighter since childhood.
She was detected with a spinal tumour in her thirties after which she has been using a wheelchair.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 26, 2019 SUMMER CAMP
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Death toll in Lanka attacks rises, more arrests
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Headlines April 26, 2019 Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News