Paralympics medalist Deepa Malik to encourage people with disabilities to take up sports
Deepa Malik, who won a silver medal in the shot put event at the Rio Paralympics, plans to use her achievement to motivate people with disabilities.
She wants to personally assist such people to take up sports.
Arjuna award winner Deepa is a record-breaking swimmer, adventure sports player, biker and businesswoman and has always been a fighter since childhood.
She was detected with a spinal tumour in her thirties after which she has been using a wheelchair.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019