Paralympians deserve highest recognitions and awards, says Milkha Singh
India's most famous athlete Milkha Singh says that the paralympians deserve the highest recognition and awards that the country can give them as they achieve against so many odds.
There has been a demand that all the medal winners at the Rio Paralympics - M Thangavelu, Varun Bhati, Deepa Malik and Devendra Jhajharia - be given the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, which is the highest sporting honour in the country.
While Olympic medalists directly qualify for the Khel Ratna award, there is no such policy in place for the paralympians.
Singh, who missed a bronze medal very closely in the 1960 Rome Olympics, congratulated all the athletes who are representing India at the Rio Paralympics for their efforts and successful performances.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News