Rajasthan government to reward Paralympian Devendra Jhajharia
September 16, 2016
To celebrate and encourage the efforts of Paralympic gold medallist Devendra Jhajharia, the Rajasthan government has announced a cash prize of Rs 75 lakh and a 200 sq metre plot in the capital city of Jaipur.
Jhajharia's win at Rio is India's fourth gold in Paralympics history.
He is the second Indian to win gold at the Paralympics F46 event after M Thangavelu in the men's high jump-T42 finals.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News