Rajasthan government to reward Paralympian Devendra Jhajharia
September 16, 2016
To celebrate and encourage the efforts of Paralympic gold medallist Devendra Jhajharia, the Rajasthan government has announced a cash prize of Rs 75 lakh and a 200 sq metre plot in the capital city of Jaipur.
Jhajharia's win at Rio is India's fourth gold in Paralympics history.
He is the second Indian to win gold at the Paralympics F46 event after M Thangavelu in the men's high jump-T42 finals.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News