Paralympian Devendra Jhajharia promised daughter he would win gold medal
September 16, 2016
Gold medalist and paralympian Devendra Jhajharia had made an agreement with his daughter before he left for the Paralympics in Rio.
Six-year-old Jiya had told Devendra that if she topped her lower kindergarten exam, he would have to win a gold too.
She kept her word and called him at Rio to remind him of their agreement.
Devendra not only kept his promise but also made his country proud by winning a gold medal.
He now wants to spend time with his family as the tough sports training had kept them apart.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Sportsperson & businesswoman, Geetha Chauhan excels at all that she does
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News