Paralympian Deepa Malik to get 4 crore, job from Haryana government
The government of Haryana will give a cash prize of Rs 4 crore to Paralympics medalist Deepa Malik.
Deepa was welcomed at IGI Airport in New Delhi by Haryana Sports and Youth Affairs Minister, Anil Vij who announced that the state government will also give a government job to Deepa as per her educational qualifications.
Deepa is the first female paralympian to win a medal in the Paralympics. She won a silver medal in the women’s shotput event at the Rio Paralympics.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019