Paralympian Deepa Malik to get 4 crore, job from Haryana government
September 19, 2016
The government of Haryana will give a cash prize of Rs 4 crore to Paralympics medalist Deepa Malik.
Deepa was welcomed at IGI Airport in New Delhi by Haryana Sports and Youth Affairs Minister, Anil Vij who announced that the state government will also give a government job to Deepa as per her educational qualifications.
Deepa is the first female paralympian to win a medal in the Paralympics. She won a silver medal in the women's shotput event at the Rio Paralympics.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 25, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Death toll in Lanka attacks rises, more arrests
- Events April 24, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
- Headlines April 26, 2019 Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News