Paralympian Deepa Malik to get 4 crore, job from Haryana government
September 19, 2016
The government of Haryana will give a cash prize of Rs 4 crore to Paralympics medalist Deepa Malik.
Deepa was welcomed at IGI Airport in New Delhi by Haryana Sports and Youth Affairs Minister, Anil Vij who announced that the state government will also give a government job to Deepa as per her educational qualifications.
Deepa is the first female paralympian to win a medal in the Paralympics. She won a silver medal in the women's shotput event at the Rio Paralympics.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News