GPRS-guided wheelchair & stretcher made by Chandigarh doctors
A wheelchair and stretcher guided by GPRS has been developed by doctors at Chandigarh's PGI Hospital.
The wheelchair and stretcher are attached to a tablet which has the map of the institute preloaded in it.
Patients can use them to move around various departments of the campus.
The institute is looking for technology partners so that 200 such wheelchairs can be made.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News