Delhi High Court issues notice on lack of special educators in schools
The Delhi High Court has strongly criticized the Delhi government and the municipal corporations for failing to appoint special educators in its schools.
The court was responding to the complaint of a mother with two sons with mental disabilities who after studying at government and municipality-run schools for years have learnt nothing.
Instead they were made fun of by others in the school.
The court has issued notices to the Delhi government and the South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
More than 30,000 students with disabilities study in Delhi government and corporation-run schools.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News