Delhi High Court issues notice on lack of special educators in schools
September 19, 2016
The Delhi High Court has strongly criticized the Delhi government and the municipal corporations for failing to appoint special educators in its schools.
The court was responding to the complaint of a mother with two sons with mental disabilities who after studying at government and municipality-run schools for years have learnt nothing.
Instead they were made fun of by others in the school.
The court has issued notices to the Delhi government and the South Delhi Municipal Corporation.
More than 30,000 students with disabilities study in Delhi government and corporation-run schools.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News