US firm helps blind to create beautiful clothing
September 21, 2016
Sam Jackson, a blind person from the United States was often rejected in his job interviews due to his disability till he got in touch with the Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind that has been working towards improving the lives of visually impaired or blind people since 1931.
The organization that provides skills training, employment and assistance to blind people has helped people like Jackson to stitch beautiful garments using a sewing machine.
More than 200 people in the firm work on various projects wherein they assemble packages of office supplies, safety vests for highway workers, among others.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Six jawans injured in terrorist attack at Pulwama
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News