US firm helps blind to create beautiful clothing
Sam Jackson, a blind person from the United States was often rejected in his job interviews due to his disability till he got in touch with the Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind that has been working towards improving the lives of visually impaired or blind people since 1931.
The organization that provides skills training, employment and assistance to blind people has helped people like Jackson to stitch beautiful garments using a sewing machine.
More than 200 people in the firm work on various projects wherein they assemble packages of office supplies, safety vests for highway workers, among others.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News