US firm helps blind to create beautiful clothing
September 21, 2016
Sam Jackson, a blind person from the United States was often rejected in his job interviews due to his disability till he got in touch with the Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind that has been working towards improving the lives of visually impaired or blind people since 1931.
The organization that provides skills training, employment and assistance to blind people has helped people like Jackson to stitch beautiful garments using a sewing machine.
More than 200 people in the firm work on various projects wherein they assemble packages of office supplies, safety vests for highway workers, among others.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News