Wheelchair-bound man's inspiring journey across China
September 22, 2016
29-year-old Quan Peng is fighting discrimination against people with disabilities by trekking across China using his wheelchair.
Peng who became paralyzed from the chest down 14 years ago due to a failed surgery was denied work due to his disability.
After overcoming a long journey with depression and suicidal thoughts, Peng decided to travel the world alone through his wheelchair.
Peng has been sleeping on roadside tents as hotels couldn't provide spaces that were wheelchair accessible.
Peng's inspirational journey is to change the view of people in China and prove them that disabled people can survive independently.
Peng had set out from Beijing in 2014 and plans to arrive at his final destination in Sanya in January 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News