Wheelchair-bound man's inspiring journey across China
September 22, 2016
29-year-old Quan Peng is fighting discrimination against people with disabilities by trekking across China using his wheelchair.
Peng who became paralyzed from the chest down 14 years ago due to a failed surgery was denied work due to his disability.
After overcoming a long journey with depression and suicidal thoughts, Peng decided to travel the world alone through his wheelchair.
Peng has been sleeping on roadside tents as hotels couldn't provide spaces that were wheelchair accessible.
Peng's inspirational journey is to change the view of people in China and prove them that disabled people can survive independently.
Peng had set out from Beijing in 2014 and plans to arrive at his final destination in Sanya in January 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News