Wheelchair-bound man's inspiring journey across China
29-year-old Quan Peng is fighting discrimination against people with disabilities by trekking across China using his wheelchair.
Peng who became paralyzed from the chest down 14 years ago due to a failed surgery was denied work due to his disability.
After overcoming a long journey with depression and suicidal thoughts, Peng decided to travel the world alone through his wheelchair.
Peng has been sleeping on roadside tents as hotels couldn’t provide spaces that were wheelchair accessible.
Peng’s inspirational journey is to change the view of people in China and prove them that disabled people can survive independently.
Peng had set out from Beijing in 2014 and plans to arrive at his final destination in Sanya in January 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News