Chennai special needs student petitions for change in school bus route
September 22, 2016
Suryaprakash, a student of Chennai's Vidya Sagar school, which caters to children with disabilities, has launched a petition on change.org asking that the city buses be adapted to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
In his petition on change.org, Surya has said that he and his classmates depend on buses run by the Metropolitan Transport Corporation in Chennai to get to school. But the school bus stops far away from the school gate.
This makes it hard for students with mobility challenges to walk to and from the bus stop. The road outside their school is narrow and has high traffic which also makes it unsafe.
Surya has asked that the route of small bus S17 that runs in the neighborhood be changed so that it stops in front of the school gate. He has also asked the MTC to reassess the routes of all the small buses that go to special schools.
If you believe in Surya's cause, you can sign and share his petition here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News