Chennai special needs student petitions for change in school bus route
Suryaprakash, a student of Chennai's Vidya Sagar school, which caters to children with disabilities, has launched a petition on change.org asking that the city buses be adapted to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
In his petition on change.org, Surya has said that he and his classmates depend on buses run by the Metropolitan Transport Corporation in Chennai to get to school. But the school bus stops far away from the school gate.
This makes it hard for students with mobility challenges to walk to and from the bus stop. The road outside their school is narrow and has high traffic which also makes it unsafe.
Surya has asked that the route of small bus S17 that runs in the neighborhood be changed so that it stops in front of the school gate. He has also asked the MTC to reassess the routes of all the small buses that go to special schools.
If you believe in Surya's cause, you can sign and share his petition here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News