Chennai special needs student petitions for change in school bus route
September 22, 2016
Suryaprakash, a student of Chennai's Vidya Sagar school, which caters to children with disabilities, has launched a petition on change.org asking that the city buses be adapted to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
In his petition on change.org, Surya has said that he and his classmates depend on buses run by the Metropolitan Transport Corporation in Chennai to get to school. But the school bus stops far away from the school gate.
This makes it hard for students with mobility challenges to walk to and from the bus stop. The road outside their school is narrow and has high traffic which also makes it unsafe.
Surya has asked that the route of small bus S17 that runs in the neighborhood be changed so that it stops in front of the school gate. He has also asked the MTC to reassess the routes of all the small buses that go to special schools.
If you believe in Surya's cause, you can sign and share his petition here.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Skills training programme for people with autism in Ernakulam
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Events July 11, 2019 Swaradhar - Manthan 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News