Delhi government sets up work groups for inclusive schools
September 23, 2016
To ensure that school education is inclusive for children with disabilities, the Delhi government has set up six working groups.
These groups have been created with NGOs that work in the disability-sector and can give inputs on improving the education system.
The government has also released a list of 14 schools across the state where accessible "resource centres" will be built.
An estimated 20,000 children with special needs study in Delhi government schools. The government will train special educators on various disabilities and inclusive education so that they can help children and teachers.
At present most special educators are trained in one specific disability.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News