Sensory park in Bengaluru for children with disabilities
September 25, 2016
The Association of People with Disability (APD) in Bengaluru has opened a sensory park in their premises for special children.
Many children are born with disabilities related to motor skills, cognitive skills and intellectual skill disorders.
These slow down the growth and development of communication skills.
They need sensory stimulation for learning about their surroundings.
The park has different sections created for children to touch, feel, see and experience things around them. The children will be helped in learning to relax their muscles and maintain the body balance.
Special materials have been used to ensure the safety of the children and add fun to learning.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News