New tech developed in Thailand to help the blind
While pursuing an engineering degree from a Thailand university, Nuntipat Narkthong and a group of students developed a gadget for the blind that could help them in their studies.
Later Nuntipat with his classmate launched a tech startup, Visionear, to commercialise the gadget.
The electronic gadget has tiny cameras and headphones. It aims to help visually-impaired persons live a better and independent life.
The gadget provides them audio descriptions of what objects they are seeing or holding.
The gadget will help the blind identify different types of soft drink cans, pick the right color of clothing, let them know which bank notes they are using, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News