New tech developed in Thailand to help the blind
While pursuing an engineering degree from a Thailand university, Nuntipat Narkthong and a group of students developed a gadget for the blind that could help them in their studies.
Later Nuntipat with his classmate launched a tech startup, Visionear, to commercialise the gadget.
The electronic gadget has tiny cameras and headphones. It aims to help visually-impaired persons live a better and independent life.
The gadget provides them audio descriptions of what objects they are seeing or holding.
The gadget will help the blind identify different types of soft drink cans, pick the right color of clothing, let them know which bank notes they are using, among others.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Parasports April 24, 2019 Kolkata gears up to host three nation wheelchair cricket T-20 series
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News