Bengaluru organization provides blind students with Braille books
For the last 26 years, Mitra Jyothi, a Bengaluru-based organization, has been working towards giving blind students the skills that would enable them to contribute to the country's economy.
The organization says that there are around 15 million blind people across the country and the organization is hoping to make reading more accessible to the visually impaired.
Apart from running many programmes to empower the blind, Mitra Jyothi has also set up a talking book library that supplies audio-books, which have been converted to recordings from printed books, by volunteers.
The Mitra Jyothi team has made reading more accessible to the visually impaired by collecting funds for publishing 30 braille books.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Headlines December 19, 2018 Centre moves to make Aadhaar voluntary for banking, phones
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Education December 18, 2018 Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Accessibility December 18, 2018 Chennai's largest inclusive children's playground has something unique for everyone
- Headlines December 17, 2018 P V Sindhu makes history, becomes 1st Indian to win BWF World Tour title
- Events December 17, 2018 Workshop on Concessions and Benefits for Children with Hearing Loss
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News