Mysuru Railway Station to become accessible to people with disabilities
September 27, 2016
Senior citizens and persons with disabilities can now look forward to some ease while traveling from Mysuru railway station.
Two escalators have been set up here and will be opened to the public soon.
This means passengers no longer have to climb the steps of the over bridge to get to different platforms.
A subway connecting all the six platforms is also near completion and will be opened to the public in December.
Facilities for persons with disabilities will also be provided at other railway stations across the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News