Mysuru Railway Station to become accessible to people with disabilities
September 27, 2016
Senior citizens and persons with disabilities can now look forward to some ease while traveling from Mysuru railway station.
Two escalators have been set up here and will be opened to the public soon.
This means passengers no longer have to climb the steps of the over bridge to get to different platforms.
A subway connecting all the six platforms is also near completion and will be opened to the public in December.
Facilities for persons with disabilities will also be provided at other railway stations across the state.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News