Mysuru Railway Station to become accessible to people with disabilities
Senior citizens and persons with disabilities can now look forward to some ease while traveling from Mysuru railway station.
Two escalators have been set up here and will be opened to the public soon.
This means passengers no longer have to climb the steps of the over bridge to get to different platforms.
A subway connecting all the six platforms is also near completion and will be opened to the public in December.
Facilities for persons with disabilities will also be provided at other railway stations across the state.
Watch in Sign Language
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
- Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019