App helps in quick diagnosis of developmental disorders
September 28, 2016
An app called 'My Child' helps parents diagnose developmental disorders in their children in just 45 seconds.
The developer is Harsh Songra who developed the app at the age of 18 years.
Harsh grew up with a disorder called dyspraxia, which affected his motor and thinking abilities.
He was told to attend a school for people with disabilities as his school failed to understand that there were differences in the nature of disabilities.
Harsh realized the problems faced by parents whose children faced developmental issues and turned it into a business opportunity.
My Child identifies developmental, neurological, motor and speech impairment related issues in a child, through a questionnaire. It asks parents to answer yes and no to questions and gives results in 45 seconds. It can be used for children between the ages of 2 and 11 years.
Harsh's app is available on Google Play and has been downloaded in over 100 countries.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Come, raise a toast to ability at the Sunshine Cafe in Mumbai
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News