App helps in quick diagnosis of developmental disorders
An app called ‘My Child’ helps parents diagnose developmental disorders in their children in just 45 seconds.
The developer is Harsh Songra who developed the app at the age of 18 years.
Harsh grew up with a disorder called dyspraxia, which affected his motor and thinking abilities.
He was told to attend a school for people with disabilities as his school failed to understand that there were differences in the nature of disabilities.
Harsh realized the problems faced by parents whose children faced developmental issues and turned it into a business opportunity.
My Child identifies developmental, neurological, motor and speech impairment related issues in a child, through a questionnaire. It asks parents to answer yes and no to questions and gives results in 45 seconds. It can be used for children between the ages of 2 and 11 years.
Harsh's app is available on Google Play and has been downloaded in over 100 countries.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News