Fun holiday for parents, children with Down Syndrome
September 27, 2016
Renuka Ramachandran, the co-founder and chairperson of Down Syndrome Federation of India (DSFI) recently organized a holiday for children with Down Syndrome and their parents.
It turned out to be successful experiment as everyone who came had a great time.
The holiday was at a resort in Candolim, Goa.
It was a chance to give children and parents a much needed break together.
Forty-three parents from Chandigarh, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and even Dubai participated on the weekend trip.
The expenses were shared by all and another trip is being planned.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News