Ramp on Visakhapatnam beach enables access to people with disabilities
September 28, 2016
In order to promote tourism and make the famous Ramakrishna Beach in Visakhapatnam accessible, a ramp has been built along the footpath.
The beach is known for its natural beauty and has a footpath on its two-and-half-km length.
The ramp has been built to ensure that people with disabilities can also enjoy the scenic beauty of the beach.
Wheelchairs can now be taken up through the ramp without any hurdles.
The improvements are a part of World Tourism Day this year. The theme is 'Tourism for All Promoting Universal Accessibility'.
The day is being celebrated today.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Dark Pheonix brings alive the magic of Stan Lee's superheroes yet again
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Rich tributes paid to veteran actor Girish Karnad
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News