Ramp on Visakhapatnam beach enables access to people with disabilities
In order to promote tourism and make the famous Ramakrishna Beach in Visakhapatnam accessible, a ramp has been built along the footpath.
The beach is known for its natural beauty and has a footpath on its two-and-half-km length.
The ramp has been built to ensure that people with disabilities can also enjoy the scenic beauty of the beach.
Wheelchairs can now be taken up through the ramp without any hurdles.
The improvements are a part of World Tourism Day this year. The theme is ‘Tourism for All Promoting Universal Accessibility’.
The day is being celebrated today.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News