Ramp on Visakhapatnam beach enables access to people with disabilities
September 28, 2016
In order to promote tourism and make the famous Ramakrishna Beach in Visakhapatnam accessible, a ramp has been built along the footpath.
The beach is known for its natural beauty and has a footpath on its two-and-half-km length.
The ramp has been built to ensure that people with disabilities can also enjoy the scenic beauty of the beach.
Wheelchairs can now be taken up through the ramp without any hurdles.
The improvements are a part of World Tourism Day this year. The theme is 'Tourism for All Promoting Universal Accessibility'.
The day is being celebrated today.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News