World's only arts college for the deaf appoints first deaf, female president
September 28, 2016
Gallaudet University, the world's only liberal arts college for deaf and hearing impaired students, has appointed its first deaf, female president.
Roberta Cordano, who is the 11th president of the university, is one of few female leaders in higher education.
The ceremony formally appointing Cordano will be live streamed.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News