World's only arts college for the deaf appoints first deaf, female president
Gallaudet University, the world’s only liberal arts college for deaf and hearing impaired students, has appointed its first deaf, female president.
Roberta Cordano, who is the 11th president of the university, is one of few female leaders in higher education.
The ceremony formally appointing Cordano will be live streamed.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 3, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News