Paralympians wish for equal respect and chance
September 30, 2016
After their success in the Rio Games this year, Indian para-athletes have requested the government for proper jobs and equality in recognition, cash awards, and facilities with able-bodied athletes.
Paralympic participants like Farman Basha and Amit Kumar Saroha have said they have not got a single job from anywhere even after participating in many Paralympic games.
They say that is not the case with able-bodied athletes who get awards and sponsors after taking part in just one Olympic games.
Para-athletes won four medals at the Rio games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 #AutismPower - Sweden's Greta Thunberg nominated for Nobel prize for climate change activism
- Events April 26, 2019 SUMMER CAMP
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Technology April 25, 2019 #TechThursdays - Gurugram students design walking stick & self help shoes for visually impaired people
- Parasports April 24, 2019 Kolkata gears up to host three nation wheelchair cricket T-20 series
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Headlines April 26, 2019 Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Death toll in Lanka attacks rises, more arrests
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News