Paralympians wish for equal respect and chance
September 30, 2016
After their success in the Rio Games this year, Indian para-athletes have requested the government for proper jobs and equality in recognition, cash awards, and facilities with able-bodied athletes.
Paralympic participants like Farman Basha and Amit Kumar Saroha have said they have not got a single job from anywhere even after participating in many Paralympic games.
They say that is not the case with able-bodied athletes who get awards and sponsors after taking part in just one Olympic games.
Para-athletes won four medals at the Rio games.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News