Paralympians wish for equal respect and chance
After their success in the Rio Games this year, Indian para-athletes have requested the government for proper jobs and equality in recognition, cash awards, and facilities with able-bodied athletes.
Paralympic participants like Farman Basha and Amit Kumar Saroha have said they have not got a single job from anywhere even after participating in many Paralympic games.
They say that is not the case with able-bodied athletes who get awards and sponsors after taking part in just one Olympic games.
Para-athletes won four medals at the Rio games.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News