How to make bathrooms accessible for people with disabilities
For people with physical disabilities, using a bathroom or a toilet can be a bit difficult. With a few changes, bathrooms can be made accessible.
Some steps are adding a stand on the wall that people to hold onto while sitting down on the toilet seat or changing.
Changing the heights of taps and showers so they can be easily turned on or off is also important.
The flooring should be such that falls and slips do not happen. A floor that is a little rough to the touch is better than one that is very smooth.
Before making changes to the bathroom, write down what is needed depending on the disability and then go ahead with the changes.
A seat can be added for people who cannot stand in the shower.
A few simple changes to the design makes the bathroom easy to use and is not expensive either.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019