How to make bathrooms accessible for people with disabilities
November 16, 2017
For people with physical disabilities, using a bathroom or a toilet can be a bit difficult. With a few changes, bathrooms can be made accessible.
Some steps are adding a stand on the wall that people to hold onto while sitting down on the toilet seat or changing.
Changing the heights of taps and showers so they can be easily turned on or off is also important.
The flooring should be such that falls and slips do not happen. A floor that is a little rough to the touch is better than one that is very smooth.
Before making changes to the bathroom, write down what is needed depending on the disability and then go ahead with the changes.
A seat can be added for people who cannot stand in the shower.
A few simple changes to the design makes the bathroom easy to use and is not expensive either.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News