How to make bathrooms accessible for people with disabilities
For people with physical disabilities, using a bathroom or a toilet can be a bit difficult. With a few changes, bathrooms can be made accessible.
Some steps are adding a stand on the wall that people to hold onto while sitting down on the toilet seat or changing.
Changing the heights of taps and showers so they can be easily turned on or off is also important.
The flooring should be such that falls and slips do not happen. A floor that is a little rough to the touch is better than one that is very smooth.
Before making changes to the bathroom, write down what is needed depending on the disability and then go ahead with the changes.
A seat can be added for people who cannot stand in the shower.
A few simple changes to the design makes the bathroom easy to use and is not expensive either.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines November 20, 2018 More than 70 protestors arrested for causing violence in Sabarimala
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some driving tips for people with disabilities
- Technology November 19, 2018 Artificial Intelligence makes a huge impact in lives of disabled people
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Image of 'Statue of Unity' from space released by American company
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018