United Nations says tourism sites should be made accessible to people with disabilities
October 1, 2016
The United Nations has said that all countries need to do more to make places of tourism accessible to people with disabilities.
This is becoming possible thanks to technology.
On World Tourism Day, the UN sent out a message that facilities need to be set up so people with disabilities can travel and see new places like everyone else.
Tourism for All is the theme for this year's World Tourism Day. This means making tourist destinations accessible for all.
This will not only help promote tourism, but also help people with disabilities to enjoy new experiences and create beautiful memories.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News