United Nations says tourism sites should be made accessible to people with disabilities
October 1, 2016
The United Nations has said that all countries need to do more to make places of tourism accessible to people with disabilities.
This is becoming possible thanks to technology.
On World Tourism Day, the UN sent out a message that facilities need to be set up so people with disabilities can travel and see new places like everyone else.
Tourism for All is the theme for this year's World Tourism Day. This means making tourist destinations accessible for all.
This will not only help promote tourism, but also help people with disabilities to enjoy new experiences and create beautiful memories.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News