Deaf critic movie review of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children is an American fantasy film.
The film is based on the novel of the same name and is directed by Tim Burton.
It stars Eva Green (Miss Peregrine), Terence Stamp (Abe and Jake’s grandfather), Asa Butterfield (Jake) and Ella Purnell (Emma, Jake’s love interest) in important roles.
The film is about Jake who is born with unique abilities.
During Jake’s childhood, Abe would narrate stories about spending his childhood living at Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.
When Jake grows up, he goes on a vacation with his father to Wales to discover the hidden home of gifted children.
He finds an old house that was bombed during World War II.
He meets there Miss Peregrine, Emma and other gifted children, who explain to him that they live in a time loop that is set to 3 September, 1943.
The way Emma helps Jake to solve the mystery of the old house forms the remaining part of the story.
The film’s screenplay, plot and performances of the cast are overall well-balanced.
It is a must watch for viewers who love watching typical horror films.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019