Deaf critic movie review of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
October 21, 2016
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is an American fantasy film.
The film is based on the novel of the same name and is directed by Tim Burton.
It stars Eva Green (Miss Peregrine), Terence Stamp (Abe and Jake's grandfather), Asa Butterfield (Jake) and Ella Purnell (Emma, Jake's love interest) in important roles.
The film is about Jake who is born with unique abilities.
During Jake's childhood, Abe would narrate stories about spending his childhood living at Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
When Jake grows up, he goes on a vacation with his father to Wales to discover the hidden home of gifted children.
He finds an old house that was bombed during World War II.
He meets there Miss Peregrine, Emma and other gifted children, who explain to him that they live in a time loop that is set to 3 September, 1943.
The way Emma helps Jake to solve the mystery of the old house forms the remaining part of the story.
The film's screenplay, plot and performances of the cast are overall well-balanced.
It is a must watch for viewers who love watching typical horror films.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Disabled people put up remarkable performances at talent show in New Delhi
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 A born artist, Mashood believes in living life, king size!
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
- Events July 18, 2019 Josh Run
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News