Blind critic movie review of M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story
October 14, 2016
A blind perspective:
M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story is a biopic of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the 2nd captain who won the World Cup for India.
The film traces his journey from a middle-class family to becoming one of India's most successful captains.
Sushant Singh Rajput brilliantly does justice with dialogues and represents Mahi, the ambitious player.
The emotional and aspiring scenes like missing a train as TC, reaching for Dilip trophy, and the scenes os his friends leave you teary-eyed.
However, blind audiences can hardly enjoy the film.
There are no audio descriptions. Almost all the important matches and tournaments are included in the film but the commentary clips do not give important details like years and match scores. The information is only on the screen.
The same music is played for different scenes. Get to know the man behind the composed match-finisher but recommend watching with a sighted person.
A sighted perspective:
M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story is an inspirational untold story that shows his journey from a ticket collector to a famous cricketer.
The film stars Sushant Singh Rajput (as MS Dhoni), Kiara Advani (as Sakshi, Dhoni's wife), Disha Patani (as Priyanka, Dhoni's former girlfriend) and Anupam Kher (as Pan Singh, Dhoni's father).
The movie starts with the ICC Cricket World Cup Final of India vs Sri Lanka where Dhoni is watching the match live on screen.
The screenplay then moves back to his childhood and introduces his family. It shows the struggles of Pan Singh who worked hard to bring up his two children.
Dhoni was shown as having a keen interest in sports since childhood.
The movie shows how Dhoni gained supportive friends and loyal followers in his hometown, Ranchi itself.
The scenes that shows his initial struggles are realistic.
How Dhoni does overcome his problems to stay focused and committed to the national cricket team forms the remaining part of the story.
It is a must watch for all Dhoni fans.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News