Blind critic movie review of M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story
A blind perspective:
M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story is a biopic of Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the 2nd captain who won the World Cup for India.
The film traces his journey from a middle-class family to becoming one of India's most successful captains.
Sushant Singh Rajput brilliantly does justice with dialogues and represents Mahi, the ambitious player.
The emotional and aspiring scenes like missing a train as TC, reaching for Dilip trophy, and the scenes os his friends leave you teary-eyed.
However, blind audiences can hardly enjoy the film.
There are no audio descriptions. Almost all the important matches and tournaments are included in the film but the commentary clips do not give important details like years and match scores. The information is only on the screen.
The same music is played for different scenes. Get to know the man behind the composed match-finisher but recommend watching with a sighted person.
A sighted perspective:
M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story is an inspirational untold story that shows his journey from a ticket collector to a famous cricketer.
The film stars Sushant Singh Rajput (as MS Dhoni), Kiara Advani (as Sakshi, Dhoni's wife), Disha Patani (as Priyanka, Dhoni's former girlfriend) and Anupam Kher (as Pan Singh, Dhoni's father).
The movie starts with the ICC Cricket World Cup Final of India vs Sri Lanka where Dhoni is watching the match live on screen.
The screenplay then moves back to his childhood and introduces his family. It shows the struggles of Pan Singh who worked hard to bring up his two children.
Dhoni was shown as having a keen interest in sports since childhood.
The movie shows how Dhoni gained supportive friends and loyal followers in his hometown, Ranchi itself.
The scenes that shows his initial struggles are realistic.
How Dhoni does overcome his problems to stay focused and committed to the national cricket team forms the remaining part of the story.
It is a must watch for all Dhoni fans.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News