American girl with disability writes book to motivate people with disabilities
13-year-old Melissa Shang, an American girl born with a brain disorder, is an inspiring example of people who do not let a disability stop them from achieving what they want in life.
A few years back, Melissa and her sister Eva, decided to design a doll with a disability and write a book about a girl on a wheelchair.
The doll is still being designed but the book has been published and is available on Amazon.
Both girls are working towards changing attitudes towards people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 3, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News