American girl with disability writes book to motivate people with disabilities
October 2, 2016
13-year-old Melissa Shang, an American girl born with a brain disorder, is an inspiring example of people who do not let a disability stop them from achieving what they want in life.
A few years back, Melissa and her sister Eva, decided to design a doll with a disability and write a book about a girl on a wheelchair.
The doll is still being designed but the book has been published and is available on Amazon.
Both girls are working towards changing attitudes towards people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News