American girl with disability writes book to motivate people with disabilities
October 2, 2016
13-year-old Melissa Shang, an American girl born with a brain disorder, is an inspiring example of people who do not let a disability stop them from achieving what they want in life.
A few years back, Melissa and her sister Eva, decided to design a doll with a disability and write a book about a girl on a wheelchair.
The doll is still being designed but the book has been published and is available on Amazon.
Both girls are working towards changing attitudes towards people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News